60 in 60: Day 17-Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Find the recipe here.

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Ingredients:

1 c butter
2 eggs
2 c light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 c oats
1 3/4 c toffee bits
1 c coconut flakes (optional)

I only had one bag of toffee bits for this recipe (which is only 1 1/3 c), so to make up for it, I added extra coconut flakes. I probably wouldn't have added extra coconut, except I wanted to finish that bag of coconut, instead of having just a tiny bit left in there.

Beat together butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.


Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the mixture.


Add oats, toffee, and coconut with a spoon...or a rubber spatula if you don't own a nice, big, wooden spoon.


Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine took 11) on a greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees in an oven.


These cookies really didn't take like toffee. They tasted more like toasted coconut, which is my fault for not having enough toffee and too much coconut. But, they were still very delicious, easy to make cookies. Next time, though, I'd add more cinnamon because you really couldn't taste it unless you tried.


Recipe Yield: 4 dozen
My Yield: 4.5 dozen

0 comments:

Post a Comment