60 in 60: Day 15-Granola Cookies

So, after taking a few days off, I'm back in the kitchen. I still have the sniffles and a bit of a cough, but I'm not dying anymore. I really, really wanted to get back to baking too. Especially after watching Sweeney Todd. So, even though I had the guest baker slash bloggers, I'm going to attempt to finish by October 30th with all 60 types of cookies I have picked out completed. As of now I'm only 3 days behind (on baking, 4 on blogging). Let's just hope I don't get sick again.

Today's Cookie: Granola Cookies
Today's Recipe: Internets
Granola Cookies

Ingredients:

1 package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups granola (I got the stuff with fruit and nuts mixed in)

Also, don't forget your music. It's very important for your recovery.

First step: Wash your hands because you've been sick for 2 days and are still sniffling and sickly.


Step 2: Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 3: Beat half of the cake mix (dry), shortening, brown sugar, and eggs in a large, shiny bowl.




Step 4: Stir in remaining cake mix and granola.


Step 5: Wash your hands again because you're still sick, even though the worst of it is over. It'll probably be another day or so until you're really better. But, hey, at least you managed to get off the couch and dressed today, unlike the past few days.


Step 6: Finish mixing the contents of the bowl.


Step 7: Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (or whatever makes you happy) about 2 inches (or whatever) apart on a cookie sheet.


Step 8: Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven.


Step 9: Place cookies on wire rack to cool completely after a minute or so (or whenever, you know.)


These cookies were simple as heck. I couldn't have asked for an easier recipe on my first day back in the kitchen. No surprises, to my surprise. One thing though- next time I think I'll add an extra half cup or so of granola, because it really isn't prominent in these cookies, and they are, after all, supposed to be granola cookies. Also, at first, I was afraid they would be entirely too cakey, but they weren't cakey at all, which was nice.

Yield: 3 dozen

0 comments:

Post a Comment