60 in 60: Day 14-Almond Biscotti

Today's Cookie Biscuit: Almond Biscotti
Today's Recipe:
AllRecipes.com (slightly modified)
Today's Guest Baker & Blogger: Jesse ""Mickey" The BF" Persons

Today started with a sniffle and a moan.
"I hate you," she said.
"I'm really sorry babe. You know I didn't mean to make you sick," I offered.
"I hate you," she replied.
"I'll bake biscotti and write your blog today." -- me
"I hate you." -- she

So here we are.


Ingredients:
  • 0.5 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2.25 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • Dash kosher salt
  • 0.5 cup chopped almonds

Ingredients ASSEMBLE!
Gentlemen start your ovens!
Preheat to 375℉ for great justice!


Cream softened butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
(You can soften and cream at the same time if you know what you're doing)


Add in the eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly.


It should look something like this (beautiful).


Combine dry ingredients.


Slowly mix dry ingredients into creamed butter/sugar mixture.
Stir in the vanilla extract and then the almonds.


Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and grease the foil.


Divide dough in half; spread into two 12-in. x 3-in. rectangles on foil.
(Please don't use this picture as a guide. Also that's a light reflection in the picture, not me.)


This soft and gently yielding cake-like mass is your reward for waiting 15 minutes.


Golden brown and delicious.


A pastry scraper is a nice, easy way to cut this
stuff up, but don't take my word for it...


Place the cut pieces in the oven at 300℉ for 10 minutes.
Then, turn them over and let them bake for another 10 minutes.


Just when you think you're done, turn off the oven and let them
rest in there with the door open until it cools.

These crunchy, "almondy", twice baked beauties are the result.

Recipe Yield: 42
My Yield: 20 thin, 10 thick (so 30)

0 comments:

Post a Comment