60 in 60: Day 15-Buffalo Chip Cookies

Today's Coooookie: Buffalo Chip Cookies
Today's Recipe: via my Aunt Ann

I halved this recipe because I remember it being a ton of cookies when my Aunt made them the first time. So, I'll leave the actual measuremnets on the recipe page and put my halved ones here.

Buffalo Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

Step 1: Figure out how much "1 box" of brown sugar is.
Step 2: Halve ingredient list

1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
1 1/4 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 c oatmeal
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c walnuts
1 c rice krispies
1/2 c coconut


Step 3: Set oven to 350.
Step 4: Cream butter and shortening together


Step 5: Add sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix.
Step 6: Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda.


Step 7: Add oatmeal, chips, nuts, cereal, and coconut. Accidently add too much coconut and cereal because you read the wrong side of your ingredient measuring list.


Step 8: Drop by 1/4 c on to baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Six cookies per sheet.
Step 9: Bake for 15 minutes.


The smallest one I made before baking:

The smallest one after baking:

Step 10: Enjoy!

These cookies were not as delicious as I remember them being in high school, but they were as big as I remember them being. They're nice, chewy, gooey, nutty, crunchy cookies. A little bit of everything for everyone- except people who like cake cookies. These are not cakey at all.

Recipe Yield: 15-20
My Yield: Just barely 16

0 comments:

Post a Comment