60 in 60: Day 24- Orange Ladyfingers

When I think of ladyfingers, I think of my gran. Not because she ever made them (she's more of a cake kind of baker), but because I imagine that ladyfingers are one of the cookies that ladies ate at fancy tea parties playing bridge. Or, in my gran's case: at bars, playing euchre. Either way, they're spongey, yet delicious.

We're in the Golden Book again.


Orange Ladyfingers

Ingredients:

1/3 c flour
1/8 t salt
2 eggs
1/3 c caster sugar (I used regular, because I was assured it would be fine)
Finely grated zest of orange.

First, zest that orange!


Beat together eggs, sugar, and orange zest until thick.
I added food coloring here to give it the orange color.
Fold in dry ingredients with large rubber spatula.


Fit pastry bag with 1/2 inch star tip.
Squeeze out 2 inch lines.
LAUGH BECAUSE IT AIN'T HAPPENING, BOB!


Bake at 375 for around 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a shot of freshly squeezed orange juice from your zested orange.


Book Yield: 20
My Yield: Um, I'm not really sure. They all sorta RAN TOGETHER.

1 comments:

Melissa said...
October 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Your grandmother sounds awesome! And so do the cookies ...

Post a Comment