60 in 60: Day 21-Craisy Oatmeal Cookies

These are the cookies I made with the help of my boyfriend, Friday night. I had planned on posting them Saturday, but it was a long day and by the time we got home and had dinner, it was nearly midnight and I just passed out watching Psych.

Today we have a recipe from someone I met while working at the SAC, Guy Fieri. He came off as "potential to be a dick" to me, but I got his autograph anyway. (I lost it since then, it was on the back of my badge holder and it rubbed of from constant use.) You can find his recipe at the Food Network site, or you can just click here.

Craisy Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter
1 1/4 c dark brown sugar
1 T honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c coconut
3/4 c craisins (dried cranberries)
2 c oats
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped

Sift together flour, soda, powder, cinnamon, and salt.


In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together.


Add the honey and vanilla to the mix.
Then, one at a time, add the eggs.


Add the coconut, craisins, oats, and rosemary.


Fold in dry ingredients.
(Like always, it'll look like there is way too much dry, but with some work, the wet will overpower all.)


Drop cookies on to a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven, which you must have turned on, at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.


Let the cookies sit for five minutes before transferring them to wire rack.


These cookies were delicious, and not that hard to make. I couldn't really taste the rosemary in them, so if you wanted, you could probably leave that out.

Guy's Yield: 25 cookies
My Yield: 36 cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment