60 in 60: Day 24-Mint Spritzers

I used to like mint, I love chocolate, I'm down with mint chocolate.

This recipe is found in my Golden Book of Cookies.


Mint Spritzers

Ingredients:

1 c flour
1/8 t salt
1/2 c butter
1/3 c sugar
1/2 egg (YES A HALF AN EGG)
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t mint extract
Hershey Kisses

I almost doubled this recipe, because it only called for half an egg, but the yield said 30, so I didn't. Stupid yield. Stupid half an egg.


Beat butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and mint together.


Add dry ingredients and food coloring, if you so desire.
(I added 5 drops green, 2 yellow.)


Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Get out your cookie press (I used a pastry bag) and insert the clover shaped design.
Put those cookies on a greased oven sheet.
Heat oven to 400 and bake until the edges of the cookies are brown.


Quickly put the kisses on top of the cookies.
Let cool on the sheets until firm, then transfer to wire racks.


Even though the dough kinda tasted like toothpaste, (I never bought mint toothpaste, my boyfriend uses it. Now I associate the taste/smell of mint with toothpaste.) the cookies turned out really good if you let them sit for a bit before eating them.

Book Yield: 30
My Yield: 15, barely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment