60 in 60: Day 36-Raspberry Pinwheels

Still getting caught up on blog posts. I made these cookies on October 1st. Easy, but messy.

Raspberry Pinwheels

Ingredients:

2 Cups AP Flour
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Finely Ground Almonds
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter, Cut Up
1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten with 2 Tbsp Cold Water
1/2 Cup Raspberry Jam


Mix the flour, salt, almonds, and sugar together.


Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.


Mix in the egg mixture to form a firm dough.


Roll out your dough into a rectangle.


Spread the raspberry jam on the dough. Don't add too much, like I did, or it'll all squeeze out of the end when you roll it up.


Roll it up and cut it in to 1/2 inch pieces. My jam all squeezed out the end, so I slathered it on top and on the bottom.


Place on to cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.


Cool, then move to a wire rack. Or, do like we did, and just eat as soon as the cookies are cool enough to where they don't burn your mouth.


They're not pretty, but they're delicious. I think my boyfriend liked them a lot more than I did. (Or he ate them quickly so he could get some, because I ate all the Hazelnut Spirals.)

Book Yield: 25
My Yield: 14

1 comments:

Heather said...
October 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I'm not a big fan of raspberry, but I bet those would be good with just about any filling! Yum!

Post a Comment