60 in 60: Day 34-Hazelnut Spirals

Posted by JessAnn on , , , ,
These delicious cookies were all consumed within 4 hours of their being made. They would have been finished off sooner, but I made them while my boyfriend was sleeping, so I figured I should save him a few. They were baked on the 29th of September.

Hazelnut Spirals

Ingredients:

1 3/4 Cups AP Flour
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
3/8 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1/8 Cup Nutella®

Stick 2 cookie sheets in the fridge.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until creamy.


Add the vanilla and the egg.


Mix in the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.


Roll out the dough into a rectangle and spread the Nutella on the dough.
Don't forget to write a secret message in the Nutella. (Sadly, it was 5 am and I wasn't all that creative when I made these.)


Roll the dough up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap/parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
Eat the remaining Nutella with either a spoon or your finger.


Cut the dough into 1/2 inch sliced. Place 1 inch apart on cookies sheets.


Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy completely and without reason.


Book Yield: 33 cookies
My Yield: Not enough (which equals about 21 cookies)

2 comments:

Jesse said...
October 5, 2009 at 1:12 AM

These cookies are an epiphany in hazelnut and chocolate clothing. Definitely worth waking up for.

Heather said...
October 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM

So gonna try these! Those + a good cup of coffee = heaven, I bet!

Post a Comment