60 in 60: Day 9- Cream Cheese Cutouts

Today's cookie: Cream Cheese Cutouts
Today's recipe: From here.
Today's guest blogger: The Boyfriend (my comments in parentheses)

Cream Cheese Cutouts

Ingredients:



2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 T cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

A new, more powerful mixer to muscle through even the thickest of cookie dough.
(This was because a)I needed the dough to form a ball and this mixer has all the fancy doo-dads and b)I was sick of the burning electric smell I got every time I used the white one.)



Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.



Mix in the butter with the mixer on medium.



Mix in the cream cheese and vanilla. Dough hooks are very helpful here.



Continue mixing until the dough forms a ball.
(It's going to look way too dry for this to happen, but give it some time and it'll work itself in to a ball.)



Divide the ball in half, and roll each out on a floured surface.



Bag or cover the dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for half an hour.
(We thought about getting plastic wrap, but ultimately decided that we really didn't need it.)



Roll out the dough once more on a floured surface. It should be approximately 1/8" thick.



Cut the delicious cookie dough into amazing shapes. It's not "My Little Pony", they're "My Little Puppy Hippos!"
(Yay for dollar store cookie cutters that don't really look like anything without a dose of imagination!)



Bake cookies in the oven at 375 for 7-9 minutes.

No amount of Jack Johnson's music can help this broken heart.
(Yes, I made a dozen or so broken heart cookies because I found it amusing.)



These cookies are a hair on the dry side, but they provide a perfect vehicle for whatever leftover cream cheese you may have. The girlfriend also suggested that these cookies could be made with flavored cream cheese. A fitting modification for an already delicious recipe.

Recipe Yield: N/A
My Yield: 51 (plus some leftover dough that I really couldn't cut into a shape.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment