60 in 60: Day 7- Banana Fudgers

Today's Cookie: Banana Fudgers
Today's Recipe: Clickity Clack

Banana Fudgers

Ingredients:

18 1/2 oz. package chocolate cake mix
1/3 c
mashed bananas, ripe
1
egg
2
tbsp. Water
6 oz Semisweet chocolate pieces



I got Super Moist Chocolate Fudge cake mix...this may or may not change the recipe for better or worse. I added an extra tablespoon of water just so the cookies wouldn't be super-de-duper fudgey.
Combine cake mix, bananas, egg, and water in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.


I'm also skimping on the bananas a bit...I bought 2, thinking that they would equal 1 cup. I'm short by a few ounces. I'll would correct this, but I'm not going back to Tops on Labor Day. No, I made that mistake once.

Stir in chocolate pieces.


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Bake in 350 degree oven 8 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks.


You could really taste the banana more than the chocolate in the batter. But, the banana taste really cooked down...it's there, but as an afterthought. I didn't get the bananas properly mashed, so they were more chopped and attacked with the mixer so there are little bits of banana throughout the cookie. This is a really easy cookie to make. It's one that you could do if you wanted to eat cookies without all the work. All together (including baking) this cookie probably took me 25 minutes to make.



Recipe Yield: 42
My Yield: 38

0 comments:

Post a Comment